Consumption and its behavior in relation to societies is a relevant topic for the marketing of any company. household spending in terms of purchases until August 2022 was 76.4 trillion pesos. This is why knowing who we deal with as marketers is essential. Here we will tell you about the 7 most common types of consumers in the market.
Table of contents
It is the one who reacts to small stimuli and follows the latest trends. Their purchasing decisions are influenced by their tastes and feelings, so they can buy at any time, any product that catches their attention.
How to attract an impulsive consumer?
- Display products and advertisements in a visible place.
- Communicate the offers and promotions you have available at the moment.
- Shorten your sales process so that their purchase is safe and fast and they don't change their mind suddenly.
- It appeals to their emotional side, rather than the features of the product or service.
- It offers personalized attention to your needs.
It is the one who analyzes every little detail of the product before buying it. The transparency and amount of information you give him about the product will be the differential factor to attract him.
How to attract a skeptical consumer?
- Provides most technical and relevant product details.
- It appeals to your needs rather than to sensations.
- Opt for transparent and informative advertising.
- It expresses recommendations that make you feel confident about your purchase.
- Attend to him patiently, let him explore the product and clarify his doubts calmly.
This type of consumer usually looks for quality and affordability in equal measure. However, they are willing to pay more for a product that is of excellent quality.
How to attract an optimistic consumer?
- Highlight the differential factor of your products or services.
- Share with them the benefits that can be derived from the purchase.
- Give them product information, as they will analyze pros and cons.
- Listen to their ideas and expectations of the product or service.
- Help them find positive product reviews from other customers.
These consumers tend to look for savings and know very well what they are going to buy before they even make the purchase. Their purchasing decisions are mostly driven by necessity and little by other factors.
How to attract a traditional consumer?
- Make sure your communication is direct.
- Be aware that they know what they need, so don't try to persuade them to buy something else.
- Consider your budget and what brands you are familiar with.
- Your attention should be courteous and willing.
- Make the buying process fast, concise.
It is the one that evaluates the product according to the purchase process and, as its name indicates, its practicality. They usually accept purchase suggestions.
How to attract a practical consumer?
- Make your purchase process simple to follow on any channel.
- Suggests complementary products to the ones you are buying.
- Develop promotions or strategies that allow you to feel rewarded.
- Highlight the quality of the product or service with the help of other customers.
- Try to have several payment methods to make your purchase easier.
They are those who are exposed to so much information about the products on the market that they become overwhelmed when making a purchase decision. As a result, they may abandon the idea of buying if they find a negative review of the product they were interested in.
How to attract an undecided consumer?
- Give an eye-catching look to your stores or ecommerce to attract their attention over your competition.
- Guarantee an excellent service and experience through your communication channels, such as chatbots.
- Share why you are different from other brands.
- Highlight differential values of your product or service.
- Be collaborative to gain their trust.
It is the one who is not only in constant interaction with the market as a consumer, but also as a content producer. In other words, he/she buys products and gives public feedback (through social networks, for example) about their characteristics, which generates voice to voice of the brands.
How do you get the attention of a prosumer?
- Involve them in the process and treat them as participants.
- Listen to their recommendations to make your content reach your leads and customers better.
- Ask for testimonials from his followers and talk to him.
- Document the processes in which it participates.
- Give focus to meaningful content and move away from the conventional.
Now that you know more about the types of consumers, plan your marketing strategies according to what they are looking for from your brand. Likewise, learn more about consumer psychology to keep your business growing.
You may be interested in
Find out what ChatGPT is, how it works and the test we did with it.
Discover the advantages of process automation and how automating with HubSpot makes your business activities easier.
Meet these 5 digital marketing trends for 2023 and help your company grow and conquer the digital market.