It is well known that in order to keep up with Google's algorithm, it is advisable to keep our content updated, as it changes frequently. Knowing how to focus your search engine optimisation actions effectively and with good practices in your digital marketing strategy not only works for blogs and written content, it is also effective for other types of platforms, for example, making good use of SEO for YouTube. But what is it, how does it work, and how can it be applied within your content plan?
In this article we tell you this and a little more, so that you can keep in mind how to use the information within your digital marketing strategy.
What is SEO for YouTube?
YouTube is currently one of the social networks with more than 1 billion users worldwide, including personal and brand profiles. Standing out among so many people and so many businesses is certainly not easy. To achieve good traffic, have a higher reach, increase visits and visibility, you need to make use of a good search engine optimisation on this platform.
The SEO for YouTube is the precise technique or strategy to achieve this. This tool is designed to make the videos that are hosted there, to be positioned within the platform and achieve a good ranking within the page, and within search engines such as Google, Bing, Safari, among others.
How does SEO for YouTube work?
It is very difficult for internet search engines to identify the information provided by images and videos on their own, which is why it is necessary to apply in audiovisual content, the SEO for YouTubeThis is in order to achieve a better indexing in the network.
To do this correctly, you must bear in mind the title of the video, the description, the tags and labels, the name of the file, among others. Remember that to achieve this efficiently it is essential that these have a main keyword, this will help you to index the content much better and will allow you to progressively position yourself.
Optimising SEO correctly on YouTube is not very different from optimising written content on the web, as Google shares a lot of data from its algorithm with this platform, which allows the data and keywords you have printed in your videos to reach the web quickly, get indexed effectively and help the content you created for your channel to climb to the top of the rankings.
How can SEO for YouTube be applied?
To apply SEO for YouTube within your content marketing strategy, you must start by searching and analysing the precise keywords for each of your contents. Remember, these keywords must be related to your business sector and what your brand offers, it is nonsense to use tags that have nothing to do with the essence of what you are, as you could be targeting a different market niche than yours.
Look for those that have a good potential reach and try not to use the same ones as your competitors, we advise you to use the long tail ones, they are more accurate and work to scale and position yourself better in the network.
What data does Data Driven Creativity draw on?
Nowadays, we all share at least some of our information: whether it's letting us know your geolocation to get data about your cardio routine or rating companies and their products after using them. The variety of data that exists to be used as creative input is immense.
The best known:
- Demographic data (gender, age, nationality, academic level).
- Geolocation data (real-time location).
- Time of day.
- Climatological data.
- Facts about the device.
- Content of the website on which an advertisement appears.
8 tips to improve your SEO on YouTube
- Create longer videos. The watch time should be above 50%, i.e. if your video is 10 minutes long, the watch time should be 5 minutes.
- Name the key word in the video.
- Encourage users to interact with the content.
- Analyse your users' search intent, respond to what they want to know about your brand.
- Optimise your CTR by customising the thumbnail containing the keyword, or create a specific description that talks about what your content is about.
- Put the video in a playlist that contains other videos related to the content of the video.
- Apply the first 15 seconds rule, create a clear introduction that speaks to the subject of your video.
- Check that your video is perfectly optimised:
- The keyword must appear in the first 25 words.
- It must have 2 or 3 related keywords.
- Link to your website.
- The description should be no longer than 400 characters.
- Create a strong CTA to appear within the first 100 characters of the description.
Make the most of the information in this content by reading: SEO tools, how to learn from them and how to use them.
You may be interested in
Ecommerce: everything you need to know
Discover what ecommerce is, its generalities, advantages and platforms to carry it out. Click here
What is SEO and why is it important for your business?
Discover what SEO is and why it is essential for the success of your business. Learn tips and strategies to improve your website's ranking in search results.
ChatGPT, what is this new technology?
Find out what ChatGPT is, how it works and the test we did with it.